Friday, July 23, 2010



Color Blocks


The Color Blocks were the big hit for Shane and Nicole when they first started using the Smarcks … especially since they were 2 and 3 at the time. They even each had their favorite block they would carry with them in the car. They would sit there pressing the buttons and laughing about all the fun things the blocks say and all the cool sound effects they make.

Probably the most common thing I did with my kids regarding learning with the Color Blocks is to remind them of what the blocks say regarding good manners. If they were not sharing I would say, ”What does the Purple Block say?” …”When you play and you want to be fair, be like Smarcks and always share”. There were also numerous times that they would say these statements to each other.

I think once Shane finishes with all the words on the ABC Block I will challenge him to start learning to spell all the colors that the Color Blocks teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment